The Future is Homemade
Food Safety Promise
Updated at 2021-10-25
Regarding COVID-19 & Our Commitment to Food Safety
During this time for concern, we are proud to provide a community-based platform that can help alleviate hardships for both consumers and the talented cooks in our community. We are also extremely proud of our certified chefs, who are going above and beyond to continue serving our community with safe and wholesome food. As more individuals stay in and avoid crowded places, we have seen a substantial increase in demand for homemade food delivery. All chefs selling on the platform are incredibly grateful for your support during this difficult time, and they take their responsibility to provide you with safe, wholesome, and nutritious food very seriously. To that end, we will continue to uphold the platform’s strict safety standards and take any pre-emptive measures needed to ensure the safety of our community. Since launching, PlateHero has always put food safety first. In addition to standard safety protocols, we also do the following:
• Every chef is food safety certified and receives additional training prior to selling on PlateHero.
• Every chef is extensively vetted and must pass a strict, multivariate food quality assessment before they’re approved to sell on the platform.
• Every chef is subject to anonymous audits on a weekly basis.
• Every chef is required to wear a face mask when giving food, hairnet and gloves when handling raw food.
• Every chef is vaccinated.
Food safety is – and always will be – our #1 priority. Our community of certified chefs appreciates your support, and we will continue to provide the safest possible service to you and your family. If you have any questions, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Founder | CEO